Are we aware of the danger of complete annihilation? May be not at all or very little!
Nature is calling are you listening? Consider your responsibility
Climate Change is one of the most significant issues the world faces today. It has a number of disastrous effects including increasing temperatures, melting glaciers, rising sea levels, storms, urban floods etc. Transport, construction and industry are mostly responsible for carbon emissions. Absence of proper town planning has distorted the face of Karachi. Karachi is severely suffering from the lack of management of garbage, air pollution and contaminated water. We intent for creative communication to expose environmental problems and to promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. We also seek solutions to environmental dilemmas and promote open, informed debate about society’s environmental choices. We have participatory approach for the restoration of natural environment and reservation of echo system.
- Pollution of various types has become a disaster to our natural environment.
- Destruction of the environment if not stopped it will eliminate life on earth.
- Mortality and diseases caused by environmental pollution have a never-ending cycle.
- Rising temperature of the earth is a trigger for changing seasons and climate. This is the alarm for the taking away of agriculture.
- Cutting of forest is causing elimination of wildlife.
- Marine life has been extinct due to water contamination.
To raise public awareness on Climate and environmental issues on emergency basis should be our collective responsibility. Activities are continued at various levels for this purpose. We struggle to ensure active participation of various categories of citizens, school, college and university students and teachers, corporate organizations, relevant government departments, non-government sectors, non-governmental organizations, writers, intellectuals, journalists and professional organizations in such activities.
Rainbow of Peace & Ethics (ROPE) is currently engaged in:
- Promoting Organic kitchen gardening in communities
- Campaigning sustainable urban plantation